- Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text (or create documents from scratch).
- Use our simple WYSIWYG editor to format your documents, spell-check them, etc.
- Invite others (by e-mail address) to edit or view your documents and spreadsheets.
- Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
- View your documents' and spreadsheets' revision history and roll back to any version.
- Publish documents and spreadsheets online to the world, as Web pages or post documents to your blog.
- Download documents to your desktop as Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip.
- Email your documents out as attachments.
- Spreadsheets get smarter with 2 special functions
Two new functions bring the power of Google directly into your spreadsheet. The GoogleFinance function retrieves current price and volume for stocks, indices and ETF's. For example, GoogleFinance("GOOG") returns the latest Google stock price.
Now it's easy to show data in simple graphics to friends or co-workers with charts. Select from various styles to meet your visualization needs. Learn more
Now this is a first — Google is actually pre-announcing a specific product on the official Google blog. For almost every other product, the announcement isn't made until directly before or after it has already launched.
Anyway, they are now confirming the existence of Google Presently — Google's answer to PowerPoint. The technology behind the product comes from the new acquisition of Tonic. This is important because true compatibility with Microsoft Office is a huge limitation of the current suite of products in Google Docs.
You can technically create and read Microsoft Office compatible documents — but the formatting is not reliable between the two. It appears that Tonic may have the answer to this problem after looking closer at the company.
TonicPoint Builder is a library that provides a 100% Java API to read, create and manipulate PowerPoint presentations. Use the Builder to generate new slides, populate presentation templates or extract data from existing presentations. The Builder supports the standard PowerPoint file format that is used by PowerPoint 97, 2000, XP, 2003, etc.